“Out of all those millions and millions of planets floating around there in space, this is our planet, this is our little one, so we just got to be aware of it and take care of it.” – Paul McCartney (English musician)
When it comes to our environment we must all do our bit. Not just for today but everyday, so our children’s children have a place to live.
Each of us has the power to make a small difference.
How Is Eco Memorial Park Doing Their Part For The Environment?
At Eco Memorial Park, we have taken many steps to reduce the impact of cremation on the environment.
- Training our staff about the science of cremation allowing them to understand how efficient running of equipment can reduce output emissions.
- Installing solar panels on all our buildings in 2011 has allowed us to send back to the grid thousands of kilowatts of power. We have over 80 panels constantly soaking up our Queensland sun.
- At Stapylton the collection of rainwater into four dams allows for ample irrigation. Up until 2022 we never relied on town water supply. There are 7 rainwater tanks containing almost 20000 litres of drinkable water which are still used in some buildings.
- Our memorial park utilises septic recycling systems.
- We have recycling programs in place, such as green waste mulching, cardboard recycling and metal waste recycling programs to name a few
For further information regarding environmental practices implemented at Eco Memorial Park, please contact our friendly team.